I love shopping just as much as the next girl and although we want to impulse buy, we should really be smart about saving while shopping. Here are some tips to keep you from spending all of your money.
1. Wait for Sales - I know when you see something you really want it is so hard not to get it, but most of the time if you wait just a little longer that same item you love will have a price drop. Not only will you get the item you have been dying to get but you will save money in the process for the next thing you can't live without.
2. Shop Off Season - Shopping off season is probably the most genius way to save money. When a season is ending start getting things for when that season comes around again. So for instants it is the end of summer, starting buying short, dress, swimwear, sandals, etc. for next year. When seasons are changing retailers are trying to get rid of all the previous seasons clothes and that is when you make you move and get your stuff for next year dirt cheap.
3. Shop During the Holidays and After - During the holiday season it is always some good sales going on and don't even get me started on the after holiday season sales, those are even better.
4. Check Retail Me Not - When I am shopping online I always make sure I check retail me not for any extra discount. Whether it is a percentage off or just free shipping. it is always great to check and see.
5. Sell your Old Items - selling your old items can free up money and space for new items you want. Out with the old and in with the new.
6. Check Clearance - Some people don't like shopping in the clearance section but you can find some nice things there if you look hard enough and most of it is half price and even more of a discount.
7. Lay Away - Not all store do this but if you find a store that does, this is the way to go. You can start shopping for the next upcoming season and put it in lay way and then you can pay in smaller payment to be set for your season wardrobe.
Do you have any tips on saving money while shopping?