One of my New Year’s resolutions is to have a healthier lifestyle and there are many ways in which you can live a healthier life. Here are some simple ways to increase your overall health.
Increase Water Intake
Drinking the recommended 8 glasses of 8oz of water a day can really help your health. This is one of the main things people forget to do or just don't care to do. I personally drink a lot of water to keep my skin clear.
Here are some other benefits of drinking more water.
- Helps Control Calories - Water can make you feel full and if you feel fuller you eat less.
- Helps Energize Muscles
- Helps your skin look good - water can help prevent wrinkles, dark spots, and acne.
- Flushes out your system
- Helps you think more clearly - water can help you stay focus
Tips to help you Drink more Water
- Add fruits to your water to make it more flavorful.
- Put a reminder on your phone to drink more water . (they have apps for that)
- Drink a glass of water with each meal.
- Eat more food high in water like fruits and vegetables.
Being physically active can help your body in many ways. 30 minutes of physical activity a day is all it takes.
Benefits of exercising:
- Can help control your weight
- Decrease risk of heart disease
- Improves Mood
- Boosts energy
- Promotes better sleep
- Relives Stress
- Detoxifies the Body
Eat Fruits and Vegetables
Increasing your fruits and vegetables is an easy and effective way to make sure you're healthy.
Benefits of eating fruits and vegetables:
- Help with your digestive system - fruits and vegetables are high in fiber.
- Low in calories - can help you lose weight
- Decrease risk of high blood pressure
- High in Vitamins and minerals - helps you keep energized